Safer Cables, Safer Living
SILON compounds make better cables
Silon was founded as a polyamide filament yarn producer in 1950. At present SILON designs, produces and sells polyolefin-based performance compounds and polyester fibers for applications in construction, the automotive industry, for hygienic and medical applications and for general processing as well. SILON offers industrial park services in Plana nad Luznici through its subsidiary company.
SILON has successfully offered high-grade PE-Xb on the pipe and cable market under the brand name TABOREX since 1994. In 2019, the company changed the product line name for the cable segment to TABOCAB. SILON’s offer in the cable industry is strongly supported by its strategic investment in high-end Buss technology.
The SILON product portfolio
follows the latest EU trends
- Easy process and high-speed production
- Excellent dielectric properties
- Good balance of physical and barrier performance
- Lower compound weight
- Suitable for thin-wall applications
- Excellent fire retardancy performance
- Easy processability
- Customized products
- TPO and PE-Xb Solu ons available
- Produced on high-end Buss technology
Wire & Cable are an essential part of today’s digitally-enriched life and the healthy growth of this segment is a profound indicator of an economy’s overall condition.
Expected Growth rate bvy 2021 – XLPE
- Up to 259 kt (6.3 % / year) in 2021
- Power 6.4 %, Railway 6.8 %, Automotive 7.6 %
Expected Growth rate by 2021 – LS0H/HFFR
- Up to 323 kt (10.1 % / year) in 2021
- Railway 13 %, Power 10.1 %, Telecom 9.8 %, Automotive 5 %