TABOCAB® cable compounds for a greener world
SILON is focuced on several areas in order to support a greener world, such as producing compounds for the supply of renewable energy, as well as recycling and recyclabe solutions.
At SILON we strive to decrease the carbon footprint of our products:
- We annually consume 30 KT of recyclates for our production.
- Recyclates are used in more than 30 % of our production
- SILON is the largest consumer of recycled PET flakes in the Czech Republic.
- We are produ supporter of Operation Clean Sweep®, an initiative bolstering the zero waste approach in plastic resin handling operations.
- We take part in the European Multicycle® industrial recycling project
- We have developed the Sofisil® polyester fibre made from ocean plastic waste, which won the international Quality Innovation Award 2020 in the category of Circular Economy and Carbon Neutrality Innovations.